I am so excited to be heading to Philadelphis to attend a 5-day workshop led by Pierce Salguero, a specialist in Asian medicine who has a Ph.D. in History of Medicine from Johns Hopkins School of Medicine. He is a college professor, author, researcher, and practitioner of Traditional Thai Massage and Buddhist Medicine.
I am excited to begin the process of bringing botanical body care for you to continue your journey to feeling better!
2 years ago, I opened my studio with great faith and the wish to offer Traditional Thai massage to the Charlotte region! What an amazing 2 years this has been. Thank you for your help and support!
As a body-worker, a yoga practitioner and teacher, I met my soul mate in Thai massage.
Cupping is like the inverse of massage - rather than applying pressure to muscles, the suction in the cups causes the skin and superficial muscle layer to be lightly drawn into the cup. For most clients, this is a particularly relaxing and relieving sensation . The cups are gently moved across the skin (often referred to as "gliding" cupping). This movement encourages the lymphatic system to move the stagnation out of the body creating a detoxification effect. Swelling and inflammation are often greatly reduced during the cupping session. Some clients may experience a “cup Kiss” or mark of the cup, as toxins are pulled to the surface. We make an effort to avoid those marks as much as possible.
Cups are used to release toxins, adhesions, scars and knotting that cause restrictions in the body which in turn causes pain. This incredibly effective technique increases blood flow which in turn relieves pain by clearing debris, opening drainage, and easing limited movement which enables the body to promote healthier tissue. The cups are moved over the skin by using gliding, shaking, popping and rotating techniques while gently pulling up on the cup. Some are parked for a short time to facilitate joint mobilization or soft tissue release. Range of motion (ROM) will also be performed with some joints to allow for even more movement and less pain. This suction can reach deep into the soft tissue or can work superficially to pull inflammation and toxins toward the surface so that the skin and lymphatic system can readily eliminate them. This therapy is extremely helpful with chronic pain sufferers. Scar tissues often released quickly, despite the age of the injury or keloid tendencies.
• Decrease or relieve pain and inflammation from injury or chronic conditions.
• Relieve deep muscular issues and reduces muscle spasms.
• Release and soften scar tissue and loosen post-surgery adhesions.
• Lift and stretch soft tissue to separate fascia and restrictions.
• Increase range of movement and flexibility in joints.
• Promote healthy circulation and open the energy flow of the body.
• Move stagnation and enable normal lymphatic flow.
• Enhance any athletic training program to improve performance.
• Reduce “Solid Bloat”.
Conditions that respond to Medi-Cupping
• Bursitis and Tendonitis
• IBS and Sluggish colon
• Stagnant lymph and edema
• Poor circulation
• Insomnia and anxiety
• Chronic pain
Find the right massage therapist for you!
Medi-Cupping is extremely helpful with chronic pain sufferers.
I'll teach you how to give a therapeutic massage to your partner!
- Do you love massage and wish your partner was better at massaging your feet or sore shoulders?
- Do you enjoy giving massage and want to learn to be more effective?
- Are your techniques fine but find your hands hurting?
Massage Training Class for 2 people, 2 hour teaching and hands-on practice session:
- We will target your areas of concern - shoulders, low back, arms and legs, face and scalp, so I can begin to tailor a base 30 minute routine for your partner.
- I will teach basic massage skills that allow you to be effective in reducing tension and easing pain in your partner with 4 Swedish techniques, effleurage, petrissage, tapotment and friction.
- We will focus on working ergonomics that keep YOU safe and pain free. We will discuss your massage environment, your stance along with wrist and hand safety.
- We will discuss the basic equipment you need, from tables to massage lotions and oils and you can purchase the equipment and what to avoid.
You will both gain the knowledge to give your partner an effective massage while saving your hands and back!
- 2 people
- 2 hours
- Tea, fun and laughter too!
- Basic massage knowledgeand less tension ( you will both receive massage!)
- A beginner tool kit featuring: Basic Massage technique booklet, lotion or oil and a holster to hold your lotion like a pro.
Cocoa Butter is high in antioxidants, which help fight of free radicals, is widely noted to help reduce stretch marks, is high in fatty acids and hydrates the skin deeply and has been noted to help skin irritations such as eczema and dermatitis.
Join us on January 24th from 11am-5pm for REFRESH 2015, a day of learning and growing featuring the practitioners at Elemental Healing Charlotte, along with special guests Carol Green, Nutritionist/Digestion Expert and “The American Van-Gogh,” local artist/author, Stefan Duncan.
* Experience a wide variety of healers under ONE roof!
* Try a variety of wellness products, get readings, clear
your energy patterns
* Attend educational workshops (schedule listed in this
* View live wellness demonstrations including a cooking
* Meet the “American Van Gogh” and witness his paintings
come to life
* Enjoy healthy snacks, door prizes and enter for our
amazing raffle prizes!
Meet everyone you need to know to feel amazing this year!
Massage Therapists: Neuro Muscular, Thai, Chair
Reiki & Energy Work
Restorative Yoga & Breathwork
Aura Readings & Reports
Akashic Records Readings
Digestion & Nutrition Expert – Special Guest
Living Spirit Artist – Special Guest
NEW CLIENT SPECIAL
All new Carolina Thai Healing Art clients receive $20 off Your first service. ANY service. Hot stone to reflexology, all at a reduced price just to say,
"Thanks for Coming in!"
Turmeric is the most healing root for the body. It comes from the root of a plant which is grown mainly in India but it has been used in many countries for thousands of years as a healing food. It is known to be beneficial to the inner organs, the spine and the joints. It is purifying to the blood and promotes general good health. It also has external healing properties and can be used in masks and baths for the skin.
It keeps a person beautiful. When used internally, it should be cooked rather than raw, so that the body can more easily assimilate its healing powers. It is an essential nutrient for women over the age of 28.
Golden Milk is especially beneficial for stiff joints and provides a source of lubrication for the entire system. It includes both essential oils and turmeric, both vital ingredients to help women keep their flexibility and vitality.
1/8 teaspoon turmeric
1/2 cup water
8 ounces milk
2 tablespoons raw almond oil
Honey to taste
1 cardamom pod (optional)
Simmer turmeric in water until it forms a nice paste. Suggested cooking time is 8 minutes, you can add more water as necessary. Meanwhile, bring milk to a boil with the almond oil. As soon as it boils, remove from heat. Combine the two mixtures using a blender if desired. Add honey to taste. The cardamom may be cooked with the turmeric for added flavor.
Note that you can prepare larger quantities of paste as it keeps in the refrigerator for up to 40 days. The general ratio of turmeric to water is 1 part turmeric to 4 parts water.
The beginning of something new... is filled with hope and excitement and fear. The "what if's..." of all flavors circulate around in my head, but the only way forward is through.
Here we go...
Here is the beginning of something