Medi Cupping Massage
Cupping is like the inverse of massage - rather than applying pressure to muscles, the suction in the cups causes the skin and superficial muscle layer to be lightly drawn into the cup. For most clients, this is a particularly relaxing and relieving sensation . The cups are gently moved across the skin (often referred to as "gliding" cupping). This movement encourages the lymphatic system to move the stagnation out of the body creating a detoxification effect. Swelling and inflammation are often greatly reduced during the cupping session. Some clients may experience a “cup Kiss” or mark of the cup, as toxins are pulled to the surface. We make an effort to avoid those marks as much as possible.
Cups are used to release toxins, adhesions, scars and knotting that cause restrictions in the body which in turn causes pain. This incredibly effective technique increases blood flow which in turn relieves pain by clearing debris, opening drainage, and easing limited movement which enables the body to promote healthier tissue. The cups are moved over the skin by using gliding, shaking, popping and rotating techniques while gently pulling up on the cup. Some are parked for a short time to facilitate joint mobilization or soft tissue release. Range of motion (ROM) will also be performed with some joints to allow for even more movement and less pain. This suction can reach deep into the soft tissue or can work superficially to pull inflammation and toxins toward the surface so that the skin and lymphatic system can readily eliminate them. This therapy is extremely helpful with chronic pain sufferers. Scar tissues often released quickly, despite the age of the injury or keloid tendencies.
• Decrease or relieve pain and inflammation from injury or chronic conditions.
• Relieve deep muscular issues and reduces muscle spasms.
• Release and soften scar tissue and loosen post-surgery adhesions.
• Lift and stretch soft tissue to separate fascia and restrictions.
• Increase range of movement and flexibility in joints.
• Promote healthy circulation and open the energy flow of the body.
• Move stagnation and enable normal lymphatic flow.
• Enhance any athletic training program to improve performance.
• Reduce “Solid Bloat”.
Conditions that respond to Medi-Cupping
• Bursitis and Tendonitis
• IBS and Sluggish colon
• Stagnant lymph and edema
• Poor circulation
• Insomnia and anxiety
• Chronic pain